Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Kannan Ekanath <ka...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/14 07:39:19 UTC

Maven assembly plugin question

Maven version: 2.0.4
Maven assembly plugin version: 2.2 (current version)

I assume that maven plugin related questions are supposed to be asked in the
main maven mailling list. Kindly let me know if that isnot the case.

I have got an assembly plugin to work from
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin/assembly-mojo.html,
However I have trouble getting the finalName field, I have a project called
"package" under "SVN_ROOT" and when i run "mvn assembly:assembly" I am
getting a zip file called " package-0.3-SNAPSHOT" where 0.3-SNAPSHOT is my
current version. However I want the final zip file to be named something
like "my-installer-0.3-SNAPSHOT", i tried

"mvn -Dproject.build.finalName=my-installer-0.3-SNAPSHOT clean
assembly:assembly" but it still creates the zip file with the name "
package-0.3-SNAPSHOT". Can someone tell me if there is something i am
missing?

Kannan Ekanath

Kannan Ekanath

Re: Maven assembly plugin question

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 6/13/07, Kannan Ekanath <ka...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks, I seem to get it. While doing a mvn assembly:assembly it is showing
> me a "myapp.zip" however, when I do a
>
> "mvn install" i assumed this file will be stored in the .m2\repo it is still
> showing as package-0.3-SNAPSHOT.zip and not myapp.zip(myapp.zip gets copied
> into the m2\repo as package-0.3-SNAPSHOT.zip).
>
> Can I install it as myapp.zip? (We have scripts picking up the zip for daily
> deployment)

The finalName element only affects the file in the target directory.
The repository has a specific structure, files will always be deployed
as artifactId-version-classifier.

If you have a script picking up the file out of the repository, then
have the script do the rename as well.  Or you could bind another
plugin to the deploy phase to transfer the file to where it needs to
go.

--
Wendy

Re: Maven assembly plugin question

Posted by Kannan Ekanath <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
Thanks, I seem to get it. While doing a mvn assembly:assembly it is showing
me a "myapp.zip" however, when I do a

"mvn install" i assumed this file will be stored in the .m2\repo it is still
showing as package-0.3-SNAPSHOT.zip and not myapp.zip(myapp.zip gets copied
into the m2\repo as package-0.3-SNAPSHOT.zip).

Can I install it as myapp.zip? (We have scripts picking up the zip for daily
deployment)

Thanks,
Kannan

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.