Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by chaitanya kulkarni <99...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/10 07:12:34 UTC

Unable to start 2 server nodes on same machine

Hi,

For my topology- I need all nodes to be server nodes - which share data
with each other on demand.I've configured them to use same multicast
address so they can discover each other / share data amongst themselves.

1. When I start a server with a grid name- it comes up fine - but it shows
ignition state as STOPPED in JMX- with no exceptions(have debug log ON).
Why?

2. When I try to start second server instance with same grid name.
Ignition.start(gridName) call hangs ! Am I doing something wrong?

 Please help...

Re: Unable to start 2 server nodes on same machine

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Can you attach your configuration?

-Val

Re: Unable to start 2 server nodes on same machine

Posted by chaitanya kulkarni <99...@gmail.com>.
Btw - how do we get ignite nodes to discover each other ?

I am starting two Ignite instances - 1 per JVM with tcpDiscoveryIpFinder
supplied with same IP address. However, ignite instances still don't
recognize each other and are supposed to share data :(

Posted by chaitanya kulkarni <99...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Vladislav Pyatkov <vl...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

--
Vladislav Pyatkov

Re: Unable to start 2 server nodes on same machine

Posted by chaitanya kulkarni <99...@gmail.com>.
Btw this was v 1.4.0