Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Lo...@lotus.com on 2000/10/02 17:39:06 UTC

Re: Part 2: Xalan-J 1.2.D02 - problems building documentation

Suggest you forward your question to the author of Stylebook: Pier P.
Fumagalli" <pi...@apache.org>. I don't really understand the environment you
are operating in. My understanding is that Stylebook uses Swing to generate
graphics, which may have something to do with your issue.  -- Don

                    Barry Draper
                    <barry@inform        To:     xalan-dev@xml.apache.org
                    ix.com>              cc:     barry@informix.com, (bcc: Lotusxsl_Team)
                                         Subject:     Part 2: Xalan-J 1.2.D02 - problems building
                    09/29/00             documentation
                    08:13 PM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    xalan-dev

This is to follow up the first mail on the build problem.
We need to run the X Windows (X11R6) xhost utility (command line: xhost +)
on the build machine 'radhika' and set the DISPLAY environment variable
prior to running StyleSheet, otherwise we get the error saying radhika
isn't
authorized to connect to the X Windows server.
Because crontab does not expect terminal-based jobs, we cannot run xhost +
in the crontab job to authorize the DISPLAY setting.
We work around this by either logon to the build host radhika, doing xhost
+,
and then allowing the crontab job to run or by building manually.
Again, my questions are:
* why must DISPLAY be set at all, i.e., why does StyleSheet require this?
* is there a way to enable DISPLAY setting in a crontab job or equivalent
   to satisfy the StyleSheet requirement

Thanks.
Barry Draper
Informix Software, Inc.