Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Chris Stockton <ch...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/03 02:49:20 UTC

CouchDB Replication Failure - odd db_not_found errors

I am having a strange issue that I am stuck and unsure how to further
debug. So, I have 3 machines, we will call them host001, host002,
host003. To prevent this from getting confusing I will put some key
points in a small bullet point list.

  - host002 MAY push to host003
  - host003 MAY NOT pull from host002
    - This is a problem on ALL databases, not just a single one.
  - host003 MAY curl the url just fine, i.e.:
    curl http://user:pass@host002:5984/db_3294/
    {"db_name": ...SNIP... disk_format_version":5}

  - host002 all data lives here
  - host003 has a clean empty copy of the database, created manually
  - host003 the replication calls are continuious, with create target = true

BELOW IS THE ERRORS IN LOGS:

[debug] [<0.133.0>] DB at http://user:pass@host002:5984/db_3294/ could
not be found because {error,

                                             req_timedout}
[error] [<0.133.0>] {error_report,<0.33.0>,
    {<0.133.0>,crash_report,
     [[{pid,<0.133.0>},
       {registered_name,[]},
       {error_info,
           {exit,
               {db_not_found,
                   <<"http://user:pass@host002:5984/db_3294/">>},
               [{gen_server,init_it,6},{proc_lib,init_p_do_apply,3}]}},
       {initial_call,{couch_rep,init,['Argument__1']}},
       {ancestors,
           [couch_rep_sup,couch_primary_services,couch_server_sup,<0.34.0>]},
       {messages,[]},
       {links,[<0.83.0>]},
       {dictionary,[]},
       {trap_exit,true},
       {status,running},
       {heap_size,1597},
       {stack_size,23},
       {reductions,670}],
      []]}}

=CRASH REPORT==== 2-Aug-2010::17:40:09 ===
  crasher:
    pid: <0.133.0>
    registered_name: []
    exception exit: {db_not_found,<<"http://user:pass@host002:5984/db_3294/">>}
      in function  gen_server:init_it/6
    initial call: couch_rep:init/1
    ancestors: [couch_rep_sup,couch_primary_services,couch_server_sup,
                  <0.34.0>]
    messages: []
    links: [<0.83.0>]
    dictionary: []
    trap_exit: true
    status: running
    heap_size: 1597
    stack_size: 23
    reductions: 670
  neighbours:
[info] [<0.98.0>] 172.16.38.131 - - 'POST' /_replicate 404
[debug] [<0.98.0>] httpd 404 error response:
 {"error":"db_not_found","reason":"could not open
http://user:pass@host002:5984/db_3294/"}

Re: CouchDB Replication Failure - odd db_not_found errors

Posted by Chris Stockton <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 12:27 PM, Randall Leeds <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It may be that you just had too many replications spun up at once for
> your configuration settings.
> Have you read through
> http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Performance#Resource_Limits ?

Yes, we tweaked those limits and then some for couchdb to achieve our
replication concurrency requirements. We are perfectly capable of
having 5000 or more replication jobs running, we just need to be
careful how fast we spin them up, at least that is my observation.

-Chris

Re: CouchDB Replication Failure - odd db_not_found errors

Posted by Randall Leeds <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chris Stockton <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hello,