Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Tim K. (Gmane)" <tk...@ugcs.net> on 2005/01/05 01:38:38 UTC

Axis logging to the servlet engine log

Hello,

I do NOT have log4j in the CLASSPATH because of some conflicts and I do
not want to use log4j or any other logging frameworks.

I just want to:

1) Make Axis write to the servlet engine's log file which gets rotated
and it also captures the messages from my web service server side
implementation.

2) Be able to set higher log levels (debug level) so I can see more
verbose messages, stack traces, etc. when something doesn't go as expected.

Can you please tell me how I can do 1) and 2)? I just need a starting
point and I can figure it out from there ...

Thanks.

--
Tim