Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Spam Ass <as...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/17 00:21:44 UTC

Pump and dump stock Blacklist?

Hello everyone,

Im curious if there are any intitiatives to collect pump and dump stock
symbols and names to check against incomming spam.  I've looked around but
have yet to find anything.  I think some sort of database would be nice to
have to do lookups on and just have it check agains the body of the message
for the symbol and/or company name and score accordingly, and maybe have
tohe records expire every 3-4 weeks.

Thanks in adavance for any information.

Ian Quinn

Re: Pump and dump stock Blacklist?

Posted by aj...@iinet.net.au.
sounds like a business plan for turning underpants into profit.

btw: if anybody is interested ive had an experimental c# implimentation of
SpamD running about about a week now on Win32 with great performance on a
10mb global bayes database. If any interest is shown i might release some
code.

Posted by Brian Godette <bg...@idcomm.com>.
On Monday 16 January 2006 04:27 pm, raymond@prolocation.net wrote:
> Hi!
>
> > Im curious if there are any intitiatives to collect pump and dump stock
> > symbols and names to check against incomming spam.  I've looked around
> > but have yet to find anything.  I think some sort of database would be
> > nice to have to do lookups on and just have it check agains the body of
> > the message for the symbol and/or company name and score accordingly, and
> > maybe have tohe records expire every 3-4 weeks.
>
> Yes there are, a SARE rule is about to be released, i heard ;)
>
> Bye,
> Raymond.

Step 1: Obtain list of penny stocks
Step 2: ???
Step 3: Profit!

We all know what step 2 is unfortunately.

Re: Pump and dump stock Blacklist?

Posted by ra...@prolocation.net.
Hi!