Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by jdow <jd...@earthlink.net> on 2005/01/18 08:42:11 UTC

DIGEX

Spam really did come from 164.109.26.27. Is DigiEx not marked in any
of the BLs around?
{^_^}

Re: DIGEX

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@comcast.net>.
At 12:10 AM 1/19/2005, jdow wrote:
>I got a spam for an Acura dealer in Houston Tx from them.
>
>They are not going to get ANY mail into my mailbox as a result.
>The tone of their mail also indicated that they are arrogant pieces
>of dog droppings. If Digex appears in the email they are boosted
>to a rather high number. They are NOT well behaved.

Hmm, well, have you reported the incident to digex? Have you reported it to
honda? or are you too upset to handle a simple issue simply?

If you've not reported to digex, then how can you know how well behaved
digex is?

Even the most adamant anti-spam ISP can have a bad customer. What
differentiates good ISP from bad is how they handle the abuse reports. (ie:
which goes to /dev/null, your email, or the offending customer account? Do
they at least offer to mediate the dispute and contact them?)

  ie, take your ISP, earthlink. I get quite a few spams from earthlink
nodes. However, they rapidly disconnect spammers. I don't blocklist
earthlink for this reason.

Also, it's not just an accura dealer that sent you that email, that would
appear to be a mailhub for all of honda's marketing. I got one from Honda
about 2 years ago via a different host (I am a Honda owner). I told them to
get lost and they did. Never heard from 'em again. Are you sure you're not
over-reacting here? Are you certain you've never dropped that email address
to them? (That includes "business card in the fishbowl" situations... Those
"raffles" come at a cost of marketing and they make no claims to the contrary)

That said, I'd love to know how Digex and/or Honda handles your complaint.
It's always important to know which ISPs are responsive and which aren't.

Re: DIGEX

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.
At 02:42 AM 1/18/2005, jdow wrote:
>Spam really did come from 164.109.26.27. Is DigiEx not marked in any
>of the BLs around?

Why would digex be listed? AFAIK they are an fairly well behaved nowdays. I