Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org> on 2013/11/26 04:58:58 UTC

Re: HFile block size

>From the code and the JIRAs:

hbase.hregion.max.filesize is used to configure the size of a region (which
can contain more than one HFile)

hbase.mapreduce.hfileoutputformat.blocksize come from HBase 8949 (While
writing hfiles from HFileOutputFormat forcing blocksize from table
schema(HColumnDescriptor).
 Even if we configure hbase.mapreduce.hfileoutputformat.blocksize during
bulkload/import it
will be overridden with actual block size from table schema. )

hfile.min.blocksize.size is the old
hbase.mapreduce.hfileoutputformat.blocksize (See HBase-3864)

RE: HFile block size [Resolved]

Posted by Job Thomas <jo...@suntecgroup.com>.

Hi  Jean & Ted,

Thank You,

I have created table manually in hbase with blocksize='8192' (   create 'TESTBLOCK', {NAME => 'cf',  BLOCKSIZE => '8192'} ) , and then created table with same name via Phoenix.

Best Regards,
Job M Thomas

________________________________

Posted by Job Thomas <jo...@suntecgroup.com>.
Hi James,

It is working , Thank you for your help . The query latency of a 10  million table  has been reduced to  15 millisecond  from 28 millisecond by reducing block size of the table.

With Thanks,
Job M Thomas

Posted by James Taylor <jt...@salesforce.com>.

Re: HFile block size