Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Adrian Beech <a....@bigpond.net.au> on 2003/09/19 12:01:18 UTC

Tomcat & version 3 certificates?

G'day all,

Earlier today we were advised by a bod from another section in our
organisation that there is a known compatibility issue with Tomcat and
version 3 certificates.  Apparently he had been advised of this from
someone at Verisign.

Does such an issue really exist and if so is it solely a Tomcat issue or
is it a result of something not quite working correctly in a particular
JDK version?

I find it a bit hard to believe that this claim is true.  However as I'm
no expert in the area I thought I'd pose the question before dismissing
it out of hand.  If such issues do exist I'd like to know where to find
further information relating to the situation, scenario and/or
workarounds.

Thanks if you can shed some light on this one!

AB

Re: Tomcat & version 3 certificates?

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
Sorry about the last post, hit the wrong key.

I've never had problems using V3 certs with Tomcat (at least using a 1.4
JVM).  (Ok, I'm lying:  there was a bug using PureTLS with certain V3 certs
at one point).  In any case, Tomcat delegates cert handling to JSSE, so any
problems would be with all Java programs.

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
I've never

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
I've never