Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by klaus rubba <kl...@hotmail.com> on 2001/01/18 00:43:16 UTC

Problems with soap & tomcat

Tomcat spits out the following exception when I try to run the AddressBook
example:

>>(Wed Jan 17 15:28:57 PST 2001) Processing SOAP request...
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.w3c.dom.Node: method
getNamespaceURI()Ljava/lang/String; not found
        at org.apache.soap.util.xml.QName.<init>(QName.java:78)
        at org.apache.soap.util.xml.QName.matches(QName.java:146)
        at org.apache.soap.Envelope.unmarshall(Envelope.java, Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.soap.server.http.RPCRouterServlet.doPost
(RPCRouterServlet.java, Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java:404)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:372

So I'm assuming the SOAP request is being sent and intercepted successfully,
but now it can't find a method in a class?! I have the xerces XML jar at the
beginning of the classpath.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Klaus