Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jim Kennedy <jg...@mindspring.com> on 2004/04/24 20:56:29 UTC

Declarative Exception handling in JSP's

I have the struts declarative exception handling system working fine.
However, it does not seem to catch JSPExceptions that occur in JSP's (i.e.
org.apache.jasper.JasperException).  I there a way to do this other than the
built-in java spec way using isErrorPage="true" page directive.  I admit JSP
errors are uncommon for me, but I still get the ugly stack trace from Tomcat
when something unexpected occurs.

Thanks for any help.

PS, I don't like the isErrorPage="true" method because I use template pages
that have lots of includes.  isErrorPage="true" does not work well for me.
I have 6 template pages and about 100 include pages.  It only makes sense to
place the isError on the template pages.  But they are also errorPage as
well.  See my problem with this technique.  Much better if struts handles
it.

Thanks again