Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch> on 2003/04/02 15:38:10 UTC

docs broken in current build (missing IdGeneratorTransformer)

src/documentation/sitemap.xmap contains:

<map:transformer name="idgen"
src="org.apache.cocoon.transformation.IdGeneratorTransformer">

 From revision 1.5 (jefft 26-Mar-03)

Which causes http://localhost:8888/docs/ to fail as this class is not
included in the webapp build (it comes from Forrest).

As far as I can tell this transformer is not actually used, can it be
removed from the sitemap?

-Bertrand

Re: docs broken in current build (missing IdGeneratorTransformer)

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch>.
Le Vendredi, 4 avr 2003, à 19:25 Europe/Zurich, Jeff Turner a écrit :

> ...Thanks for chasing up.  Fingers crossed, this should now work.

It does, thanks!

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Apr 04, 2003 at 10:43:46AM +0200, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Le Mercredi, 2 avr 2003, à 17:20 Europe/Zurich, Jeff Turner a écrit :
> >...It should all work now. If not, please ping me.
>
> It does not work here (mac osx, jdk 1.4.1) unfortunately, after doing:
>
> cvs update
> build.sh clean
> build.sh
> cocoon.sh servlet

Thanks for chasing up.  Fingers crossed, this should now work.

--Jeff

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch>.
Le Mercredi, 2 avr 2003, à 17:20 Europe/Zurich, Jeff Turner a écrit :
> ...It should all work now. If not, please ping me.

It does not work here (mac osx, jdk 1.4.1) unfortunately, after doing:

cvs update
build.sh clean
build.sh
cocoon.sh servlet

I still get

Could not load class
org.apache.cocoon.transformation.IdGeneratorTransformer for component
named 'idgen' at
file:/Users/bert/workspace/apache/cocoon-2.1/build/webapp/docs/
sitemap.xmap:18:99

when accessing http://localhost:8888/docs/.

For some reason it seems like sitemap-localdocs.xml is not renamed as
it should, or maybe the copy is overwritten at a later stage?

$ sum src/documentation/sitemap*
54033 10 src/documentation/sitemap-localdocs.xmap
57607 14 src/documentation/sitemap.xmap
21009 10 src/documentation/sitemap.xmap.ignore

$ sum build/webapp/docs/site*
54033 10 build/webapp/docs/sitemap-localdocs.xmap
57607 14 build/webapp/docs/sitemap.xmap
21009 10 build/webapp/docs/sitemap.xmap.ignore
g4:/Users/bert/workspace/apache/cocoon-2.1>

Doing
   mv build/webapp/docs/sitemap-localdocs.xmap
build/webapp/docs/sitemap.xmap solves the problem,
but I'm not sure where to fix it in the build.xml files.

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>.

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch>.
Le Mercredi, 2 avr 2003, à 16:55 Europe/Zurich, Jeff Turner a écrit :

> ... I forgot
> to do it for the 'webapp' target.  Will fix ASAP.

Thanks - nothing urgent for me, just wanted to let you know.

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>.

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch>.
Apparently there are more dependencies on Forrest for the live docs
than what I mentioned in my last message, removing the line that I
mentioned brings different errors.

I'm not sure what the decision was regarding keeping the current docs
alive, is it something that should be fixed?

-Bertrand