Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Mitchell, Philip A." <pm...@hms.harvard.edu> on 2004/02/19 18:14:59 UTC

This post just summarizes what I've found regarding this problem. I'd be
interested to know if anyone understands what's going on. There are a
few other threads in the archives that relate to this problem -- I'm
summarizing here.

The problem is that Tomcat 4.1 (or maybe java under tomcat?) doesn't
seem to get the contents of java.security file (actually it seems to get
a different one). So it gives errors like it can't find the Provider, or
NoSuchAlgorithmException.

The workaround is: call Security.removeProvider() on each provider you
need; then call Security.addProvider() on each one.

I don't know why it works, but it does (at least for me).