Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Uwe Schäfer <sc...@thomas-daily.de> on 2007/12/02 17:02:51 UTC

Including 3rd party resources

Hi

sorry if i missed something or this is already discussed or plain stupid.

i plan to integrate a few javascript goodies into wicket components and
contribute them back. the problem i face is this:
if my components bundle, say prototype, this might interfere with other
components on the same page, contributing 'their' prototype to the page.
(interchange prototype with whatever lib you want here).

i understand that Wicket can supress contributing the 'same' resource a
second time to the page, but obviously it wont have a chance to 'know'
that 2 resources are semantically equal.

now is there a preferred way already how component authors should use
common 3rd party resources in a way, that makes it possible to use these
from other components, too?

otherwise, wouldn´t it be nice to have a project, where the most common
artifacts from the javascript world are integrated, and everyone can use
them in their components instead of bundling them?

cu uwe

--

THOMAS DAILY GmbH
Adlerstraße 19

Geschäftsführer/Managing Directors:
Wendy Thomas, Susanne Larbig
Handelsregister Freiburg i.Br., HRB 3947

Registrieren Sie sich unter http://morningnews.thomas-daily.de für die
kostenfreien TD Morning News, eine Auswahl aktueller Themen des Tages
morgens um 9:00 in Ihrer Mailbox.

Hinweis: Der Redaktionsschluss für unsere TD Morning News ist täglich um
8:30 Uhr. Es werden vorrangig Informationen berücksichtigt, die nach
16:00 Uhr des Vortages eingegangen sind. Die Email-Adresse unserer
Redaktion lautet redaktion@thomas-daily.de.

Re: Including 3rd party resources

Posted by Jan Kriesten <ja...@renitence.de>.
hi uwe,

> that´s great! now, all i need is to find out, how those 'common' ids are
> created ;)
> can someone push me to the right direction? is there any agreement already?

there isn't yet, so that problem still remains. there has to be one to volunteer
on maintaining on such a library of js-libraries... :-/

regards, --- jan.

Re: Including 3rd party resources

Posted by Uwe Schäfer <sc...@thomas-daily.de>.

hi jan,