Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Mark Wilcox <ma...@gmail.com> on 2005/09/01 01:02:36 UTC

Re: Fw: RSS Parser and Forum Components for Tapestry?

Hi,
Let's break your questions into 2 distinct parts because they require
very different answers.

Q1 - RSS and Tapestry - essentially I think this is very much up to
you. RSS is just another data feed for al practical purposes - So
basically you would need to obtain an RSS feed, parse and then render
it in Tapestry (or even more simply - juse use XSL to generate HTML
and output to a page).

Q2 -  Forums - Tapestry is just a framework for building Web
applications. Even if there is/was a forum application written in
Tapestry - that wouldn't mean it would integrate with your custom
application because Tapestry really doesn't deal with user
authentication,  user data management or authorization. Basically you
need to pick a forum package based on basic capabilities (such as must
integrate with some type of Web single sign-on system such as CAS or
SAML - that your other Tapestry applications can support) and that you
can customize it's look and feel to meet your sites needs.

Finally my gut says what you probably really need is a portal (RSS and
collaboration and SSO just are basic calling signs :)).

Mark

Page navigation links not working

Posted by kmadha <km...@yahoo.com>.
I am using contrib table which iterators over arraylist. Initially page links
1 is shown selected. When I click 2 the data in the table gets changed but
still 1 is shown as selected page and not 2. Can anyone help me to figure out
what I am doing wrong?

Regards.