Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org> on 2003/06/18 08:43:56 UTC

re: Wyona and Articles

laurent,

article deletion is currently being implemented.

thanks,

-gregor

Posted by Christian Egli <ch...@wyona.com>.
"Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org> writes:

> sorry to bother you with my problem, but I am not able to delete an
> article once it is created. Of course, i can do it manually, but i want
> that every user can delete an article that is obsolete...
>
> I've tried to write a java class, then i found your DeleteDocumentAction
> class, but i am not able to compile it, and, as far as i can see, this
> class just do nothing... am i right?

Yes, this class really doesn't seem to do much. But alas, relieve is
on it's way: We are planning to do document removal for a customer
project. This will involve moving the physical file in the file system
to a sort of attic and removing the entry in the sitetree. The
sitetree I believe exists in unipublic (where it was called tree.xml),
it is used to some degree. In the new publications (default) it is
used throughout. When a document is created an entry is added to the
sitetree, when a doc is published the entry is copied to the live
sitetree, the navigation is built from the sitetree, etc.

> The latest version on cvs (1.6) doesn't seem to do better.

Work on this feature hasn't begun yet.

> The only thing to do is : delete the directory containing the article,
> then remove the line in the tree.xml file. and that's it... right?

Basically in the case of unipublic I think that's it.

> Have you got a class file doing that, or have i got to wright it? :(
> Maybe the class file is in the cvs directory, but i can't find it...

AFAIK there is no code for that ATM, however we will have to write it
to meet the customer requirements. These developments will however be
based on the new sitetree classes, so they will probably not help you
unless you upgrade to the new publications such as the default
publication.

If you end up writing some code we'd love to see it. I encourage you
to use the SiteTree class because that'll make sure you'll profit from
future enhancements.

--
Christian Egli       christian.egli@wyona.com   +41 1 272 9161
                     Wyona AG, Hardstrasse 219, CH-8005 Zurich