Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Markus Weimer <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/16 12:55:22 UTC

How to set parameters for annotators inside an aggregated AE?

Hi,

I set up several annotators into one aggregated annotation engine for
easier handling. But I cannot figure out how to set the parameters for
the enclosed annotators from the CPE descriptor? Just setting the
parameters in the form

<casProcessor [...]>
[...]
<configurationParameterSettings>
		<nameValuePair>
			<name>NAME</name>
		</nameValuePair>
[...]
</configurationParameterSettings>
[...]
</casProcessor [...]>

did not work. My annotators did not have access to their config
settings and accessing a parameter throws a NULLPointerException.

Thanks in advance for any hint,

Markus

Re: How to set parameters for annotators inside an aggregated AE?

Posted by Markus Weimer <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Marshall,

> The parameter settings in the CPE descriptors are overrides to
> parameters in the CAS Processors (Analysis Engines).
> That means you have to also declare the parameters in the those engines,
> at every level of the aggregate, down to the
> primitive.  Is this what you did?

Thanks for your mail! I found out about that whole override thing:
What I missed was to declare the parameters in the aggregated ae, too.

Greetings,

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Hi Markus-

The parameter settings in the CPE descriptors are overrides to
parameters in the CAS Processors (Analysis Engines).
That means you have to also declare the parameters in the those engines,
at every level of the aggregate, down to the
primitive.  Is this what you did?

-Marshall