Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by pedro <pe...@libero.it> on 2009/09/24 10:54:49 UTC

Set number of copies

Hi all
    i use fop to print some document and i preview it by launch the adobe
process.
    Is possible to set the number of copy to print in the print dialog?
    Or is possible to  "multiply" the page by the number of copy in xsl?

Thanks!!

Re: Set number of copies

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Since PDF 1.7, there's a NumCopies key on the viewer preferences
dictionary that could be set, but FOP produces PDF 1.4 only at the
moment and doesn't support that key.

You can of course copy the whole thing using XSLT (not XSL-FO) but that
would simply render the document multiple times eating processor time
and disk space.

Maybe some PDF post-processor might support adding the NumCopies key.
But I don't know off-hand if any can. I don't think PDFBox can do that
already.

On 24.09.2009 10:54:49 pedro wrote:

> Hi all
>     i use fop to print some document and i preview it by launch the adobe
> process.
>     Is possible to set the number of copy to print in the print dialog?
>     Or is possible to  "multiply" the page by the number of copy in xsl?
>

> Thanks!!

Jeremias Maerki