Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Hartmut Bernecker <ha...@web.de> on 2001/10/13 00:50:45 UTC

Tomcat 4.0 Catalina as W2k service with SSL

Hi,

sucessfully I set up Catalina as Windows service (Win 2000). Tomcat
works even with SSL (standalone). But I have a problem to running Tomcat
as Service *and* with SSL.

The following things I did:
1. Install java version 1.3.1_01 (sun).
2. Installing JSSE as extension (copy jcert.jar, jnet.jar and jsse.jar
into the lib/ext directory of  java_home; editing java.security in the
security directory of java_home and adding:
security.provider.3=com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Provider).
3. From Command prompt run startup.bat in the bin directory of
catalina_home. ==> SSL is ok (https://myHost:8443). Stop Tomcat.
3. Start Tomcat from the menu (start - programme - apache tomcat 4.0 -
start tomcat). ==> Fails!
4. repeat step 2, now not in java_home, but in
c:\programme\javasoft\jre\1.3.1\lib.
5. Start Tomcat from the menu (start - programme - apache tomcat 4.0 -
start tomcat). ==> OK, SSL ist ok. Stop Tomcat.
6. Start tomcat as Service ==> OK.
7. Request http://myHost:8080 ==> OK
8. Request https://myHost:8443 ==> NOTHING HAPPENS.

Who can help me? - What did I do wrong??

Cheers
Hartmut Bernecker