Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Sonam Chauhan <so...@ce.com.au> on 2003/12/29 05:08:09 UTC

Looping and exiting over a condition

Hi - a website I test sometimes requires the user to click through
'important notices' on login. These notices are normally one or two screens
only, but can theoretically be any number.

I think the JMeter test outline below can deal with the JMeter test user
getting a single notice screen:
HTTP Sampler
	# Check if user got a 'notice' screen
	# Set 'notice' flag
	Regular Expression Extractor Post-Processor
# Checks if 'notice' flag was set
# go to next page if so
If Logic-Controller
	# Goto next page assuming it isn't another
	# 'notice' page
	HTTP Sampler
# Main Test

Does anyone know how the above snippet can be generalized to deal with 'n'
notice pages occurring one after another?

JMeter has a Loop controller. If it had an "Exit controller" too, they both
could presumably be used in a generalized solution. Is there a simpler way?

With regards,
Sonam Chauhan
--
Corporate Express Australia Ltd.