Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "trevor paterson (RI)" <tr...@bbsrc.ac.uk> on 2006/03/27 14:20:52 UTC

[Axis2] Converting 1.x RPC to 2.0 Document style

I have used java:RPC style SOAP messaging in axis 1.2 and now want to
migrate to axis2 - where as I understand it Document style messaging is
preferred.

I can't find any documentation on how to create the wsdl to map to the
methodName(parameterX, parameterY) of my service.

Do I have to write a bespoke receiver that takes the OMElement apart and
calls the service method with the correct parameters - or can this be
done 'automatically' by creating an appropriate service.xml, using
either the  RawXMLINOutMessageReceiver or the RPCMessageReceiver?

thanks for any help
Trevor Paterson
Roslin Institute