Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.org> on 2003/09/21 01:41:22 UTC

Checking for new Bitflux Editor

ok, I have added the "Edit with BXENG" to the File menu of the blog
publication. You can see this menu
item if you are clicking on an entry within the authoring area, e.g.

http://127.0.0.1:8080/lenya/blog/authoring/entries/2003/07/28/1/index.html

If BXENG is not installed on your server, then you will receive the
following page:

      It seems that BXENG is not installed on your server

Lenya is expecting a bxeng directory within your webapps ROOT directory.

Please download and install BXENG as follows

|cd $TOMCAT/webapps/ROOT|
|cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@cvs.bitflux.ch:/var/lib/cvs/editor co bxeng|

(No password required)

That's it :-)

Many thanks to the Bitflux Editor community
<http://www.bitfluxeditor.org> for making this great tool available.

Then you just have to follow these instructions or contact your site
administrator.

This screen can certainly be improved (e.g. Linux, Windows, MacOSX
versions), but I guess you see how simple
it is and this install needs to be done only once.

(Just to remind you, this only concerns the NEW Bitflux Editor version)

Any feedback is very welcome.

Thanks

Michael