Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by dhanushka ranasinghe <pa...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/17 09:24:38 UTC

svnsync issue

Hi guys

i have svn repo like [1]    , in there  , home is the  svn repo, cfiles and
graphics are the folders.

https://svn.example.com/svn/home/cfiles/graphics/

within that graphics folder  i have another 4 folders , which are

code1
code2
code3
code4

i want svnsync ( need history)  only theses code1...2  3. ,code4 folders to
new repo called [2]

here cfile is a  system folder and graphics is the created svnrepo

[2] https://svn.example.com/svn/cfiles/graphics/

so i ran svnsyc like this,

svnsync  init  https://svn.example.com/svn/cfiles/graphics/
https://svn.example.com/svn/home/cfiles/graphics/
svnsync --non-interactive sync  https://svn.example.com/svn/cfiles/graphics/

and sync works perfectly fine ....

but when i accessed my destination url [2]  it displays "cfiles" folder not
the  "code1, code2, code3, code4" folders....

but when i use "https://svn.example.com/svn/cfiles/graphics/cfiles/graphics"
URL then it will list the "code1 ....code4" folder set...

issue is i need list these code1,code2,code3,code4 folders under URL [2]
not under  "https://svn.example.com/svn/cfiles/graphics/cfiles/graphics"

Plesase help

Thank You
Dhanushka

Re: svnsync issue

Posted by dhanushka ranasinghe <pa...@gmail.com>.
Hi..

 svnsync worked perfectly fine....but the issue is when i type [2] it
should display  code1......code4  but it displays "cfiles" folder
within that "graphics" folder in that we can see the "code1
code2.....code4" folders. in otder to access code....   folders i have
to use url [3] which ugly

in here im trying to sync , folder of svnrepo to  another svnrepo.  im
 thinking  even though im syncing part of the repo , it syncing all
the revisons belongs to source repo to destinaltion repo. seems like
this causes two additional parent folders to add in (another cfile
folder and graphics folder") . any idea how to sort this out...

subversion version: 1.7.4  OS Debian

[2] https://svn.example.com/svn/cfiles/graphics/

[3] https://svn.example.com/svn/cfiles/graphics/cfiles/graphics/

Thank You