Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Thompson, Dave M. (IPG IT CP Arch)" <da...@hp.com> on 2005/09/06 19:15:13 UTC

[axis] javac log4j error message

Hi,

A newbie question: I've installed axis and now every time I compile I
get a log4j error.  Example:

Using:

javac x.java

Against source code:

public class x
{
   public static void main(String[] args)
   {
   }
};

Results in error:

Error reading c:\...(path to axis installation
directory...\axis-1_2\lib\log4j.properties; java.util.zip.ZipException:
error in opening zip file.

Why does javac try and read anything from axis?  Why is it concerned
with log4j?

Thanks,

Dave

Re: [axis] javac log4j error message