Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Ja...@rzf.fin-nrw.de on 2005/02/09 09:03:33 UTC

AW: cvs commit: ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/option al Rpm.java

>   Modified:
> src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional Rpm.java
>   Log:
>   return code checking on rpm. How do we test this?

Using a mock object for rpm? Could return the value of a system parameter or
file content or env variable ...

<rpm rpmBuildCommand="rpm-mock"/>

Because rpm runs only on *nix, the test doesnt have to be platform
independant.

Jan

Re: AW: cvs commit: ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/option al Rpm.java

Posted by julian simpson <si...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 09:03:33 +0100, Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de
<Ja...@rzf.fin-nrw.de> wrote:
> >   Modified:
> > src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional Rpm.java
> >   Log:
> >   return code checking on rpm. How do we test this?
>
> Using a mock object for rpm? Could return the value of a system parameter or
> file content or env variable ...
>
> <rpm rpmBuildCommand="rpm-mock"/>

I mocked out/overrode the Executor object for the unit test I
submitted; I don't want to know that rpmbuild actually runs, I just
want to ensure that we can execute it and deal with all the reponses.
I thought it was excessive to submit Jmock with the patch, but there
could be milage in using a mock Executor so you can make tests with
mock objects for all the tasks that use the Executor.

> Because rpm runs only on *nix, the test doesnt have to be platform
> independant.

I'd like to be able to make RPM's from cygwin; does that count as a
*nix in that case?

Best,

Julian.

Re: AW: cvs commit: ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/option al Rpm.java

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de wrote:
>>  Modified:
>>src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional Rpm.java
>>  Log:
>>  return code checking on rpm. How do we test this?
>

> Using a mock object for rpm? Could return the value of a system parameter or
> file content or env variable ...
>
> <rpm rpmBuildCommand="rpm-mock"/>
>
> Because rpm runs only on *nix, the test doesnt have to be platform
> independant.

Or we really could rpm something up, then <exec> something to look at it