Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Stack <st...@duboce.net> on 2012/01/11 17:42:24 UTC

Changing our logo purple to International Orange (Engineering)

I attached to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-5115 what it
looks like.  International Orange (Engineering) is the color of the
golden gate [1], and is a strong color as opposed to the effete purple
we currently carry.   As FB have their take on blue and Twitter teal,
I'm thinking that IA becomes 'our' color.  Unless objection, I'll
stick it up site in next day or so.

St.Ack
1.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_orange

Re: Changing our logo purple to International Orange (Engineering)

Posted by Dhruba Borthakur <dh...@gmail.com>.
+1,

This will make HBase stand out from the crowd :-)

--
Subscribe to my posts at http://www.facebook.com/dhruba

Re: Changing our logo purple to International Orange (Engineering)

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 3:47 PM, Jonathan Hsieh <jo...@cloudera.com> wrote:
> +1.
>
> Can I get an "old school" purple one for my bike shed? :)

Thats funny.

Re: Changing our logo purple to International Orange (Engineering)

Posted by Akash Ashok <th...@gmail.com>.
+ 1 . This orange is way  more appealing

Posted by Jonathan Hsieh <jo...@cloudera.com>.
+1.

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 11:02 AM, Doug Meil
<do...@explorysmedical.com> wrote:

> "Effete"?  I thought purple was supposed to be the color of kings.

Exactly.  Look at all the jewelery they wear, the (white!) powdered
wigs, and golden shoes with the curled up toes.
St.Ack

Re: Changing our logo purple to International Orange (Engineering)

Posted by Doug Meil <do...@explorysmedical.com>.
"Effete"?  I thought purple was supposed to be the color of kings.

I could live with International Orange.  That's cool too.

Posted by Nicolas Spiegelberg <ns...@fb.com>.
+1

It's much more visible and bold.  I like the Golden Gate reference...