Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Ram Pandey <ra...@gmail.com> on 2020/10/08 12:18:24 UTC

Issue with maven-dependency-plugin

Hello Experts,

I am using the maven dependency plugin in parent pom.xml  to copy the
dependency of all subprojects.

It does not copy dependencies for the project, which is outside parent
project directory.

For an example, It does not copy the dependency of project "
third-project/other-project "  in below mentioned module.

<modules>
<module>my-project</module>
 <module>another-project</module>
<module>../third-project/other-project</module>
</modules>

Below, I have mentioned the dependency plugin, that, I have used

<plugin>
<version>3.1.2</version>
<executions>
<execution>
<id>copy-dependencies-main</id>
<phase>prepare-package</phase>
<goals>
<goal>copy-dependencies</goal>
</goals>
<configuration>
<outputDirectory>${maven.libs}/${project.module}</outputDirectory>
<includeScope>runtime</includeScope>
<excludeTransitive>true</excludeTransitive>
</configuration>
</execution>
</executions>
</plugin>

Suggestions will be highly appreciated

Thanks,
Ram

Re: Issue with maven-dependency-plugin

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.
This is a typical question for the maven users list or stack overflow, but I'll give it a shot:

plugin configuration is based on inheritence through parents.
If ../third-project/other-project doesn't inherit this parent, and it probably doesn't because of its path, it won't have its configuration.

thanks,
Robert
On 10-10-2020 09:41:57, Ram Pandey <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello Experts,

I am using the maven dependency plugin in parent pom.xml to copy the
dependency of all subprojects.

It does not copy dependencies for the project, which is outside parent
project directory.

For an example, It does not copy the dependency of project "
third-project/other-project " in below mentioned module.

my-project
another-project
../third-project/other-project

Below, I have mentioned the dependency plugin, that, I have used

org.apache.maven.plugins
maven-dependency-plugin
3.1.2

copy-dependencies-main