Posted to users@camel.apache.org by cacert <ka...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/29 18:18:43 UTC

http 415 error in cxf rest service

I am trying to build some rest and soap services using camel cxf-rs module.
Soap part is fine, in rest part i have one GET and one POST methods with
following signature. GET method working fine but POST method(which expects a
customer json object ) get HTTP status of 415 with error "No message body
reader has been found for class".Can anybody tell what is missing here ?

Rest interface:

@WebService
@Path("/bookstore")
@Consumes("application/json")
@Produces("application/json")
public interface BookStore {

    @WebMethod
    @GET
    @Path("/{id}")
    @Consumes("*/*")
    Book getBook(@PathParam("id") @WebParam(name = "id") Long id) throws
Exception;

    @WebMethod
    @POST
    @Path("/books")
    Book addBook(@WebParam(name = "book") Book book);

}

PS: Here is the sample curl command:

curl -H "Content-Type: application/json" -X POST -d
'{"name":"xyz","isbn":"xyz"}'
http://localhost:8080/api/servlet/rest/bookstore/books

Re: http 415 error in cxf rest service

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi Brad

Thanks, FYI explicitly configuring CXF JSONProvider with a property
unmarshalAsJaxbElement may fix it or adding Jackson provider (while
excluding a jettison dependency) should work...

Cheers, Sergey

Posted by cacert <ka...@gmail.com>.
hi, as you said i could be able to solve this by defining a json
provider.thank you.

Re: http 415 error in cxf rest service