Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Dick Perkins <pe...@hotmail.com> on 2003/01/28 14:55:05 UTC

Error 146 from mod_jk

We are running Apache (1.3.27) and Tomcat (3.3.1) on separate servers,
connecting them using mod_jk (1.2.2).

The system is lightly loaded - there are hardly any parallel requests. After
a few days operation Apache fails to communicate with Tomcat leaving errors
in the mod_jk log:

...  [jk_connect.c (177)]: jk_open_socket, connect() failed errno = 146

>From the source code, error 146 looks like "connection refused".

At first I suspected the firewall between them (having previously had
firewall trouble with 1 hour timeouts). However, there is no sign of a
connection being blocked in the firewall logs. If Tomcat is restarted it
continues for another few days.

It's a production system, and being a developer I can't get access to it. I
can't reproduce the error on a test system. Can anyone suggest what might be
happening here?

Regards
Dick