Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Thomas Koch <th...@koch.ro> on 2009/12/22 18:06:23 UTC

highlighting and external storage

Hi,

I'm working on a news crawler with continuous indexing. Thus indexes are
merged frequently and older documents aren't as important as recent ones.

Therefor I'd like to store the fulltext of documents in an external storage
(HBase?) so that merging of indexes isn't as IO intensive. This would give me
the additional benefit, that I could selectively delete the fulltext of older
articles when running out of disc space while keeping the url of the document
in the index.

Do you know, whether sth. like this would be possible?

Best regards,

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro

Re: highlighting and external storage

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com>.
Thomas - this is a common need that deserves some implementation.  I
have a personal interest in seeing this implemented and will do so
myself eventually if no one beats me to it.

There's a Solr JIRA issue to track this:  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-1397

	Erik