Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Danny Angus <Da...@slc.co.uk> on 2003/09/30 10:04:08 UTC

jwcid naming

Hi, me again..

Regarding jwcid naming of components, not anonymous ones...

It seems that in beta3 the names have to be unique in the application, get
the simple question in first... is that correct?

If so is this really _always_ necessary? The reason I ask is because
suppose I have an @Insert which I want to name and bind in the .page file,
I want to have one in every page, bound to the same field of my Visit,  I
know I could bind it in the HTML but for reasons of maintenance and
seperation of concerns I'd rather have the HTML file specify a component
defined and bound in the .page file.

If we assume that it isn't any longer possible to have a Page scope default
namespace is it possible,  or might it ever be possible, for tapestry to
construct a page namespace by using dot notation to combine the page and
component name into a globally unique identifier, such that component
"errors" on page Home can be considered everywhere else to be "Home.errors"
and avoid the situation whereby I have to maintain a namespace which can't
be checked for collisions except at runtime or by refrence to every other
page in the application?

d.

The information in this e-mail is confidential and for use by the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient (or responsible for delivery of the message to the intended recipient) please notify us immediately on 0141 306 2050 and delete the message from your computer. You may not copy or forward it or use or disclose its contents to any other person. As Internet communications are capable of data corruption Student Loans Company Limited does not accept any  responsibility for changes made to this message after it was sent. For this reason it may be inappropriate to rely on advice or opinions contained in an e-mail without obtaining written confirmation of it. Neither Student Loans Company Limited or the sender accepts any liability or responsibility for viruses as it is your responsibility to scan attachments (if any). Opinions and views expressed in this e-mail are those of the sender and may not reflect the opinions and views of The Student Loans Company Limited.

Re: jwcid naming

Posted by Richard Kirby <rb...@capdm.com>.
Danny Angus wrote:

>Hi, me again..
>
>Regarding jwcid naming of components, not anonymous ones...
>
>It seems that in beta3 the names have to be unique in the application, get
>the simple question in first... is that correct?

No - they only need to be unique within the component. In effect, each
component defines a namespace separate from even embedded components.

Is there some reason why you thought this was not so?

Richard.