Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Leo Simons <ls...@jicarilla.org> on 2004/11/03 10:44:49 UTC

Move along people, move along...

Dear mailing list subscribers,

Please pay no attention to the troll. We are aware of his presence and
he poses no threat as long as he is ignored. Do take care not to feed him!

Since this mailing list doesn't have the regular footer message, you
might appreciate the availability of these commands:

   For additional commands, e-mail:  dev-help@avalon.apache.org

If you are not accustomed to setting up troll prevention, you might
appreciate this .procmailrc snippet (for use with the procmail mail
handling program) that makes it even easier to ignore this troll while
still staying subscribed to this mailing list:

   :0:
   * ^From:.*mcconnell@(dpml|apache)
   * ^list-post:.*dev@avalon\.apache\.org
   Trash

Similar rules are easy to set up in most modern mail readers, including
Mozilla, Eudora and Microsoft Outlook. If you require assistance in
doing so, please don't hesistate to call us on 555-NO-PESTS and we will
walk you through the procedure.

The week after the US election is usually quite a busy period for us, so
there may be some waiting time involved in getting through to us. We
apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you for your cooperation. We wish you a bugfree day!

best regards,

The Pest Control Team

PS: we are deeply sorry if you find the above message even remotely
humorous. This is a serious business, and The Pest Control Team takes
its job very seriously.

Re: Move along people, move along...

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@d-haven.org>.
Stephen McConnell wrote:

> Stefano:
>
> The best and easiest way to do this is to be simply honest. Is that such
> a difficult criteria?  It simply means that the Chair makes a
> recommendation to the Board of Directors to close the project.  No
> gloss, no lies, no twisting of the facts, and no procedural abuse.
>
> Do this with just a little bit dignity and honesty.
>
> Stephen.

I may be wrong, but isn't that what happened?  No gloss, no lies, no
twisting of facts, and no procedural abuse.

                 - Rich Cook

RE: Move along people, move along...

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Niclas Hedhman wrote:

> On Wednesday 03 November 2004 17:44, Leo Simons wrote:
>
>>The Pest Control Team
>>
>>PS: we are deeply sorry if you find the above message even remotely
>>humorous. This is a serious business, and The Pest Control Team takes
>>its job very seriously.
>

> Even if the irony and humor is apparent and enjoyable, one should perhaps "act
> as one speak".
>
> In this case it is Steve, who has tough skin and don't get let down by this
> sort of 'mobbing', but seriously where is the limit Leo?
> Is it a majority thing? Enough many bullies and then it is Ok to hack on
> anyone who is different and for whatever reason has no means to defend
> him/herself and/or noone else stands up for them??
>
> Doesn't it ring a bell from school, in your case not too long ago?

I always enjoy Leo's humor, but I agree with Niclas that things are
going a little bit too far.

Look, the thing is simple: the avalon project *finally* decided, by lazy
consensus, that they want to end the pain and move on and Aaron (St.
Aaron, I should say) is acting to find the best/easiest way to do it.

We have bulgarian consensus that the pain was inflicted by Stephen's
inability to agree to disagree or to accept compromises.

Stephen keeps reiterating this with every action he undertakes,
jeopardizing even the allies he once had.

Now, please, tell me why.

Is he committing political suicide? Or he's just blindly obnoxious? Or
he just enjoys arguing about procedural details when nobody else is?

I honestly don't know.

Of all the things I regret about avalon, one I don't: the name, there
was never a better name for a project than this.

--
Stefano.

Re: Move along people, move along...

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Wednesday 03 November 2004 17:44, Leo Simons wrote:
> The Pest Control Team
>
> PS: we are deeply sorry if you find the above message even remotely
> humorous. This is a serious business, and The Pest Control Team takes
> its job very seriously.

Even if the irony and humor is apparent and enjoyable, one should perhaps "act
as one speak".

In this case it is Steve, who has tough skin and don't get let down by this
sort of 'mobbing', but seriously where is the limit Leo?
Is it a majority thing? Enough many bullies and then it is Ok to hack on
anyone who is different and for whatever reason has no means to defend
him/herself and/or noone else stands up for them??

Doesn't it ring a bell from school, in your case not too long ago?

Cheers
Niclas
--
  / http://www.bali.ac        /