Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Martin van den Bemt <mv...@mvdb.com> on 2001/06/14 21:04:50 UTC

Tomcat book WAS : RE: ~rant~ Docs, user list, etc.

I tried that in the past, writing a book ;-(( wasn't happy with that, before
I finished, the new version was already there or someone else already
created a book. I'm not a fast writer anyway ;-)) (the first sentence block,
is what I'm suffering of). maby we could all write that book. Everyone has
different experience in different area's and can write on there favorite
subject (also needed for documentation anyway). Why not make it a more
structured effort for this. Maby a n writer with some experience in writing
(?) can do an initial set up of where such a book should end up, to be
actually usefull. This is just an idea and no I'm not volunteering to do
this ;-)). I actually need to do some painting and do something about my
garden now, so I can enjoy the summer and a home which actually looks like a
place where also other people would like to come ;-)).

Mvgr,
Martin "the guy who needs to paint and to mow the lawn" van den Bemt

Re: Tomcat book WAS : RE: ~rant~ Docs, user list, etc.

Posted by Andy Armstrong <an...@tagish.com>.
Martin van den Bemt wrote:

> I tried that in the past, writing a book ;-(( wasn't happy with that, before
> I finished, the new version was already there or someone else already
> created a book. I'm not a fast writer anyway ;-)) (the first sentence block,
> is what I'm suffering of).

Start in the middle ;-)

Posted by Incze Lajos <in...@mail.matav.hu>.
On Thu, Jun 14, 2001 at 09:04:50PM +0200, Martin van den Bemt wrote:
> I tried that in the past, writing a book ;-(( wasn't happy with that, before
> I finished, the new version was already there or someone else already
> created a book. I'm not a fast writer anyway ;-)) (the first sentence block,
> is what I'm suffering of). maby we could all write that book. Everyone has
> different experience in different area's and can write on there favorite
> subject (also needed for documentation anyway). Why not make it a more
> structured effort for this. Maby a n writer with some experience in writing
> (?) can do an initial set up of where such a book should end up, to be
> actually usefull. This is just an idea and no I'm not volunteering to do
> this ;-)). I actually need to do some painting and do something about my
> garden now, so I can enjoy the summer and a home which actually looks like a
> place where also other people would like to come ;-)).
>
> Mvgr,
> Martin "the guy who needs to paint and to mow the lawn" van den Bemt

In fact, there are some sort of community feedback controled
book writing efforts. The recent one I'm aware is going on
on theserverside.com. The MacPerl book, the Postgres  book
was written entirely in this way and you all probably know
of similar efforts. Tough I don't know how these initiatives
could start.                                          incze

RE: Tomcat book WAS : RE: ~rant~ Docs, user list, etc.

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@iktek.com>.
Some guys started something like a book, two months ago :

http://sourceforge.net/projects/tomcatbook

Emmanuel Lecharny, IKTEK
06 08 33 32 61, www.iktek.com <http://www.iktek.com>