Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2017/03/15 02:51:49 UTC

FlexJS / Jenkins on Unix

Hi,

Just checked in a couple of very minor changes to do with paths re compiling FlexJS as I’m trying to get it working with Jenkins CI.

With those you can currently compile flex-falcon, flex-typedefs and flex-asjs on linux. I’ve tested the maximiser also works.

However it looks like there still some possible path issues to sort out when compiling your own applications. This is for JS only pom so teh warning message is a little misleading I think.

/var/lib/jenkins/workspace/<project name>/src/main/flex/Main.mxml(2): col: 1 This tag could not be resolved to an ActionScript class. It will be ignored.
<js:Application xmlns:fx="http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009”

One thing to look out for if you use non core libraries make use you use “Effects” rather than “effects” and “Network” rather than “network” when specifying them as dependancies.

I’ve looked at the the compile-app-javascript-config.xml and all the paths case seem correct in that so at this point I’m guessing it’s an compiler issue.

If someone could point me to where this might be / where what to look out for that would be a great help.

Thanks,
Justin

AW: FlexJS / Jenkins on Unix

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Justin,

Well haven't changed anything since Tuesday ... Haven't got IntelliJ on my phone ... Yet ;-)

But happy it's working.

Chris

Von: Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>
Datum: 16.03.17 02:25 (GMT-05:00)
An: dev@flex.apache.org
Betreff: Re: FlexJS / Jenkins on Unix

Hi,

Was just taking a look at this again and it’s now working.

Not 100% sure what has changed but a GitHub change triggered the CI server which got the latest FlexJS 0.8 snapshots and the application compiled to completion, and build past that have also worked. If you changed something Chris - thanks!

So it is possible to have your FlexJS applications compiled on a Jenkins CI server on Linux.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: FlexJS / Jenkins on Unix

AW: FlexJS / Jenkins on Unix

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi guys,

Just got my phone and Wi-Fi in the hotel for a few days, so I'll keep things short :-)

1. If you add "-X" as argument to the Maven build it outputs a lot more. Eventually that helps.

2. Use the Maven build-helper-plugin to display the "effective pom" (very verbose version of the pom with everything resolved and no parents). Eventually that helps.

Chris

Von: Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>
Datum: 15.03.17 01:25 (GMT-05:00)
An: dev@flex.apache.org

Bummer.  Can you post the compile-app-javascript-config.xml.

Also, compare your pom.xml against the flex-asjs examples.  There may be
parent-pom issues to sort out to point to the right SWCs.

Thanks,
-Alex

Re: FlexJS / Jenkins on Unix

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Re: FlexJS / Jenkins on Unix

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> Can you post the entire console output leading up to the error.  There
> might be a clue in there.

That’s basically all there is:

[INFO] Building XXX 0.1-SNAPSHOT

[INFO]
[INFO]
--- maven-resources-plugin:3.0.2:resources (default-resources) @ xxx ---

[WARNING] Using platform encoding (UTF-8 actually) to copy filtered resources, i.e. build is platform dependent!

[INFO] skip non existing resourceDirectory /var/lib/jenkins/workspace/XXX/./XXX/src/main/resources
[INFO]
[INFO]
--- flexjs-maven-plugin:0.8.0-SNAPSHOT:compile-app (default-compile-app) @ xxx ---

[INFO] Executing MXMLC in tool group FlexJS with args: [-load-config=/var/lib/jenkins/workspace/XXX/./XXX/target/compile-app-javascript-config.xml, /var/lib/jenkins/workspace/XXX/XXX/src/main/flex/Main.mxml]

/var/lib/jenkins/workspace/XXX/XXX/src/main/flex/Main.mxml(2): col: 1 This tag could not be resolved to an ActionScript class. It will be ignored.

<js:Application xmlns:fx="
http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009
”
^