Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jan Torben Heuer <jt...@mail2003.dnsalias.org> on 2008/04/20 20:40:23 UTC

collection of dependencies

Hi,

how can I put all (transitive) dependencies into one directory/zip-file? I
tried the assembly plugin, but the "transitive dependencies" descriptor
puts everything into one jar - that doesn't work in my case.

Thanks,

Jan

Re: collection of dependencies

Posted by Jan Torben Heuer <jt...@mail2003.dnsalias.org>.
Wendy Smoak wrote:

> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin/descriptor-refs.html
>
> If that's not quite it, you can write your own assembly descriptor
> that does exactly what you need.

Where do I have to put the <assembly> tag?

The following doesn't work:
<plugin>
                        <configuration>
                                <assembly>
                                        <containerDescriptorHandlers>
                                                        <containerDescriptorHandler>
                                                                <bin />
                                                        </containerDescriptorHandler>
                                        </containerDescriptorHandlers>
                                        <dependencySets>
                                                        <dependencySet>
                                                                <outputFileNameMapping />
                                                                <useTransitiveDependencies />
                                                        </dependencySet>
                                        </dependencySets>
                                        <componentDescriptors />
                                </assembly>
                        </configuration>
</plugin>

[INFO] Error reading assemblies: No assembly descriptors found.

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
The plugin site shows several of the predefined ones to get you started.
Then look at the descriptor options and tweak what you need.

Posted by Karthik Krishnan <kr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.