Posted to user@jclouds.apache.org by Paul Bell <ar...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/05 16:30:38 UTC

VMware's vCAC?

Hi,

No sooner did I get started with jclouds and VMware's vCloud Director, than
I am reminded by a colleague about VMware's new "vCloud Automation Center."

Is vCAC something that will affect the development of jclouds, i.e., will
you have to program for it? At this point I know very little about vCAC. A
cursory read of various blogs suggests that it can be used to stand up a
Cloud without any VCD at all. Other articles suggest that vCAC is more of a
presentation & orchestration layer built atop (and abstracting resources
from) VCD.

Thanks.

Cordially,

Paul

Re: VMware's vCAC?

Posted by Paul Bell <ar...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Bk.

I also found this:
http://up2v.nl/2013/08/29/vmware-vcloud-director-is-approaching-end-of-life/
which,
I think, quotes from the VMware blog you referenced.

A cursory read of these articles suggests that VCD will continue to exist,
but it's being targeted to the service provider realm. VMware seems to be
positioning vCAC for their "enterprise customers."

-Paul

Re: VMware's vCAC?

Posted by Bk Lau <bk...@gmail.com>.
This link might help: