Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Jasson Chenwei <yn...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/20 21:26:43 UTC

compilation errors on hive for hadoop-3.0.0

hi, there

I am trying to build a hive distribution for hadoop-3.0.0.

I just git clone the source code from https://github.com/apache/hive. I
have noticed that the hadoop-3.0.0-beta dependency has been included in the
pom file. So, I just executed:

mvn clean package -Pdist -Dmaven.test.skip=true

However, I got this error:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project hive-metastore: Could not resolve
dependencies for project org.apache.hive:hive-metastore:jar:3.0.0-SNAPSHOT:
Failure to find org.apache.hive:hive-common:jar:tests:3.0.0-SNAPSHOT in
https://repository.apache.org/snapshots was cached in the local repository,
resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of
apache.snapshots has elapsed or updates are forced -> [Help 1]

Is there something I missed here ??

Thanks for your generous help!

Wei

Re: compilation errors on hive for hadoop-3.0.0

Posted by Jasson Chenwei <yn...@gmail.com>.
It works for me. Thanks! Please also let the community know the
hadoop dependency is stale.

Thanks!!!

Wei

Posted by Jason Dere <jd...@hortonworks.com>.