Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Andreas Probst <an...@gmx.net> on 2002/10/01 15:45:00 UTC

Revoking inherited permission

Hi all,

I ran into the next problem: Can I revoke a permission that is
inherited or stop the inheritance of permissions?

The problem is: I have to give read and write permissions to all
users on /history. These must be inheritable, otherwise Slide
can't make a version. After first creation of a directory under
/history I would like to set the appropriate permission to it
and revoke the inherited permission from /history. Can this
revocation or stop of permission inheritance be done?

Another possibility might be to set a permission like
/actions/read granted to /users/groupA and /actions denied to
all others. Can this be achieved without listing all other
users? Because a denied permission will win over a granted one I
think I can't just deny to all users and grant to some of them.

Thanks in advance.

Andreas