Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by "Raynard A. Jong" <ra...@llnl.gov> on 1998/08/29 03:40:01 UTC

Re: mod_status/2923: requests for server-status result in "NOT FOUND" error

The following reply was made to PR mod_status/2923; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Raynard A. Jong" <ra...@llnl.gov>
To: Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Cc: apbugs@apache.org
Subject: Re: mod_status/2923: requests for server-status result in "NOT
 FOUND" error
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 18:32:40 -0700

 >On 28 Aug 1998, Ray Jong wrote:
 >
 >> Server is running in standalone mode
 >> Standard SUN complier doing the standard build.
 >> When I try the URL http://skibuff.llnl.gov/server-status
 >> I get the response
 >>
 >> Not Found
 >>
 >> The requested URL /server-status was not found on this server.
 >

 >Does anything appear in the error log?
 >
 >Do you have mod_status compiled into your server?

 Here is the error log

 [Fri Aug 28 17:08:30 1998] [notice] httpd: caught SIGTERM, shutting down
 [Fri Aug 28 17:08:39 1998] [notice] Apache/1.3.1 (Unix) configured --
 resuming normal operations
 [Fri Aug 28 17:08:49 1998] [warn] handler "server-status" not found for:
 /www/apache/share/htdocs/server-status
 [Fri Aug 28 17:08:49 1998] [error] File does not exist:
 /www/apache/share/htdocs/server-status

 I thought I had mod-status compiled into the serve, but it doesn't look
 like it is.  To do the build, I edited the src/Configuration file  to
 include
     	AddModule modules/standard/mod_status.o

 then in the src parent directory (using the APACI build method), I did
 	configure --prefix=/www/apache
 	make
 	make install

 This produced an executable httpd file in the /www/apache/sbin directory as
 desired.

 However, it looks like  mod_status was not included.  When I look in the
 src/module/standard directory, I do not see a mod_status.o file, and when I
 just rebuilt and watched the messages go by, I did not see a compilation of
 the mod_status.c file to create a mod_status.o

 Therefore, I concluded that the build using the APACI did not add in the
 mod_status module.

 I even tried manually editing the Configuration.apaci file to include
 mod_status, but that did not include it into the executable.

 I tried again using the Configuration.tmpl method from the src directory.
 The difference this time is that in the src directory, I again edited the
 src/Configuration file  to include
     	AddModule modules/standard/mod_status.o

 Then I did:

 	./Configure
 	make

 This appeared to compile the mod_status module, as I saw it get compiled
 while building the executable that is made in the src directory.  However,
 I want to put the server root in a nonstandard place  (/www/apache) .  This
 build method assumes that the server root is /usr/local/apache and builds
 it into the httpd executable.  When started up, this httpd file tries to
 read the config files from/usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf

 The APCI build method has a method for specifying the server root.  I guess
 the solution to my problem is to figure out how to make the
 Configuratiom.tmpl build method let me specify the server root.  Is there a
 simple way that I am missing?

 I tried adding the line

 HTTP_ROOT = /www/apache

 to the Configuration file

 but this did not help

 Any suggestions would be appreciated.

 Thanks

 Ray

 Ray Jong

 Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
 P.O. Box 808  / L-637
 Livermore, CA 94551-9900

 Internet E-mail :                           rayjong@llnl.gov
 Telephone (with voice mail) :  (925) 423-0498
 FAX :                                               (925) 424-6401