Posted to dev@allura.apache.org by Chris Tsai <ct...@users.sf.net> on 2013/07/03 00:54:19 UTC

[allura:tickets] #6320 Cleaning up multiple "support" tools [ss4245]

It also seems that restoring a project results in duplicated tools: https://sourceforge.net/projects/privategallery/

---

** [tickets:#6320] Cleaning up multiple "support" tools [ss4245]**

**Status:** open
**Labels:** support p3
**Created:** Mon Jun 03, 2013 01:59 PM UTC by Chris Tsai
**Last Updated:** Mon Jun 03, 2013 02:00 PM UTC
**Owner:** nobody

[forge:site-support:#4245]

>Hello,

>I just found, that my project (openastromenace) main page have 2 "Support" tabs (I didn't install second "Support" tool, and really can't understand why I see now two of them). The problem is - I can't remove "Support" tools from my Admin->Tools section.
Could you please help? I want to remove installed "Support" tools with list from project, I didn't create this one.

>Best regards,
Michael

Looks like we have some cleanup to do, we have two different scenarios to account for:

1. multiple support tools with the same mount point, eg. https://sourceforge.net/rest/p/openastromenace/
2. multiple support tools with different mount points, eg. https://sourceforge.net/rest/p/cliptoonenote/ and https://sourceforge.net/rest/p/strawhat/

Case 1 is probably a race condition, case 2 can be reproduced by adding multiple copies of the support tool and specifying a different mountpoint.

In addition to the "support" tool, we may want to also check for multiple instances of other anchored tools that don't make sense to have multiple instances of: Summary, Files, Reviews

These also don't make sense to have multiple instances of, but are less important since they're not anchored and hence, multiple instances can be removed: mailing lists, mysql, prweb outgoing mail, vhost

See [#6321] for preventing this in the future

---

Sent from sourceforge.net because allura-dev@incubator.apache.org is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/allura/tickets/