Posted to general@xml.apache.org by Serge Paquin <se...@thebigcircle.com> on 2000/08/22 19:16:33 UTC

DTD Comments

Good Day all,

I've spend a couple of days searching for my answer but I am having NO
luck.  I have to use a DTD provided by a partnet at their URL.  It my
testing I was using the sample program SAXPrint and get the following
message:

Fatal Error at file http://www.purepayments.com/dtd/purepayments.dtd,
line 1, char 3
Message: Expected a markup declaration

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks,
Serge.

Re: DTD Comments

Posted by "Thomas B. Passin" <tp...@mitretek.org>.
Comments in the DTD should be OK.  XMLSpy was happy with the referenced
dtd (which I got successfully using both IE5.5 and Netscape 4.08 on
Win95).

Tom Passin

Re: DTD Comments

Posted by Serge Paquin <se...@thebigcircle.com>.
Sean Kelly wrote:

> > 404?  That's weird.  I go to that URL in netscape and I get the dtd???
>
> The plot thickens ... when I use Netscape, I do indeed get the DTD, but if
> I use the FreeBSD "fetch" program, I get 404 not found.  (Lynx also gets
> the DTD successfully.)
>
> I wonder if they're looking at the User-Agent field and customizing the
> results?
>
> --Sean

Very strange?!?!  If I try a local file with the comments though I get the
same error.  If I remove the comments everything works.

This will not work though since when the program really runs it will be
getting the response from them and they will point to their DTD.

Serge.

Re: DTD Comments

Posted by Sean Kelly <ke...@mail2a.jpl.nasa.gov>.

Re: DTD Comments