Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by Sebastián Goicochea <se...@vianet.com.ar> on 2015/11/20 20:13:04 UTC

New to ATS - A couple of questions

Hi everyone, I'm trying to migrate a couple of squid boxes to ATS,
currently trying to configure it to get at least the same productivity.

I have 3 questions:

1) I have several rewrite rules to deduplicate CDN urls. Cacheurl is
working just fine .. I can see the original and rewritten URLs in
traffic.out log file .. but I just don't know which regular expression
should I add to cache.conf in order to tell ATS to save that content or
to add the ignore-no-cache action.

In this hypothetical case:

server1.example.com/(.*) is rewritten as cdn.example.ATSINTERNAL.com/$1

What should I add in cache.config? server[0-9]\.example.com.* or
cdn.example.ATSINTERNAL.* ?

-----------

2) Trying to bind ATS to certain CPU cores found
https://docs.trafficserver.apache.org/en/latest/admin-guide/files/records.config.en.html?highlight=thread#proxy-config-exec-thread-affinity

Setting proxy.config.exec_thread.affinity to 3 binds threads to cores ..
can I specify which cores? Or should I use something external such as
taskset?

---------

3) Is there any way to determine where are objects going to be stored
according to their size? Looking in the documentation only found a way
to do it according to its origin (domain or url_regex)

Thank you,
Sebastián

Re: New to ATS - A couple of questions

Posted by Sebastián Goicochea <se...@vianet.com.ar>.
James, that's the exact reason. Some critical processes run in cpu0
(forced) and I don't want ATS to run there too.

Thanks :)

Posted by James Peach <jp...@apache.org>.

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.

> On Nov 20, 2015, at 2:13 PM, Sebastián Goicochea <se...@vianet.com.ar> wrote:
>
> Hi everyone, I'm trying to migrate a couple of squid boxes to ATS, currently trying to configure it to get at least the same productivity.
>
> I have 3 questions:
>
> 1) I have several rewrite rules to deduplicate CDN urls. Cacheurl is working just fine .. I can see the original and rewritten URLs in traffic.out log file .. but I just don't know which regular expression should I add to cache.conf in order to tell ATS to save that content or to add the ignore-no-cache action.

Does your remap rules  map to same origin URL? Remember that the default cache key is the remapped URL, such that you automatically dedupe as you describe. Meaning, in most cases you don't have to worry about explicitly setting the cache key, it just does it as you'd expect. Be vary of the pristine host header though, you likely want that off for this case.

-- Leif