Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Richard Norman <ja...@hotmail.com> on 2003/09/10 19:49:27 UTC

Previous vote on Tomcat 5.0.11

Previously in a mention of a vote for Tomcat 5.0.11 as being Beta or Alpha
status, I vote beta.

I have not done major extensive testing, but in everything I hav run so far
nothing has had a major hickup. The major issue I saw immediately, was the
config of the appBase and docBase attributes in server.xml on windows.  I am
still do ing more tests and checking, but it looks good so far.

Besides if 5.09 was beta, I think the fixes make this along the same lines.

Thanks,

Richard Norman
Web/Application Developer

Use custom emotions -- try MSN Messenger 6.0!
http://www.msnmessenger-download.com/tracking/reach_emoticon

Re: Previous vote on Tomcat 5.0.11

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
Richard Norman wrote:
> Previously in a mention of a vote for Tomcat 5.0.11 as being Beta or
> Alpha status, I vote beta.
>
> I have not done major extensive testing, but in everything I hav run so
> far nothing has had a major hickup. The major issue I saw immediately,
> was the config of the appBase and docBase attributes in server.xml on
> windows.  I am still do ing more tests and checking, but it looks good
> so far.
>
> Besides if 5.09 was beta, I think the fixes make this along the same lines.

Apparently, there was a regression when the security manager is used,
because of the move of the commons-logging binary. I'll have to investigate.
If I can reproduce it, I'll release a 5.0.12 with a few more fixes.

Remy