Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by leo leonid <te...@leonid.de> on 2002/06/01 20:39:22 UTC

Release 2.1 in one week? I can wait.

Diana Shanon indirectly announced forthcoming release 2.1 in her last
post. Normally I'm looking forward to new Cocoon releases, but this time
I'm skeptical.
The last weeks/days I posted several mails concerning the problem with
view-labels being ignored inside an aggregation. There has been very
little feedback, and nothing has been solved. Though this problem found
entry to the bugzilla db (BUG 8932) I'm afraid that it won't be fixed
before the release. This would cause broken indexes everywhere where the
Lucene Crawler and aggregation is used, because it relies on
cocoon-views. Therefore my petition to make labels work again within
aggregation in release 2.1. please.

Thanks,
/Leo

RE: Release 2.1 in one week? I can wait.

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
> From: Nicola Ken Barozzi [mailto:nicolaken@apache.org]
>
> From: "leo leonid" <te...@leonid.de>
>
> > Diana Shanon indirectly announced forthcoming release 2.1 in her
last
> > post. Normally I'm looking forward to new Cocoon releases, but this
time
> > I'm skeptical.
>
> I think she referred to 2.0.3, which is a bugfix branch.

I think she referred to site update only, not Cocoon release. Carsten is
release coordinator ATM.

Vadim

Re: Release 2.1 in one week? I can wait.

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
From: "leo leonid" <te...@leonid.de>

> Diana Shanon indirectly announced forthcoming release 2.1 in her last
> post. Normally I'm looking forward to new Cocoon releases, but this time
> I'm skeptical.

I think she referred to 2.0.3, which is a bugfix branch.

            - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: Release 2.1 in one week? I can wait.

Posted by Diana Shannon <sh...@apache.org>.
On Saturday, June 1, 2002, at 02:39  PM, leo leonid wrote:

> Diana Shanon indirectly announced forthcoming release 2.1 in her last
> post. Normally I'm looking forward to new Cocoon releases, but this
> time I'm skeptical.

I'm *only* updating documentation in the release branch, which at the
moment remains at 2.0.3. The goal is to keep the web site fresher. Doc
changes are permitted in the current release branch which remains 2.0.3.

We're trying to make it easier for users... Why wait for the next code
release when we can improve the docs *now*.

Sorry for any misunderstanding Leo.

Diana