Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by 孙泽嵩 <sz...@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn> on 2020/05/10 06:44:49 UTC

[RESULT] [VOTE] Apache IoTDB 0.9.3 (Incubating) RC1 release

Hi,

The vote for releasing Apache IoTDB (incubating) 0.9.3 closes now as 72hr have passed.
The vote PASSES with1 (+1 binding) vote, 2 (+1 non-binding) votes,
and no further 0 or -1 votes.

+1 vote from :

+1 (binding) from Christofer Dutz,
+1 from Jialin Qiao,
+1 from Xiangdong Huang,

The vote thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/rfef4652594af3e3ba0561ebdd9e6fa8eaa549abbb2c7bf1d0c584da9%40%3Cdev.iotdb.apache.org%3E <https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/rfef4652594af3e3ba0561ebdd9e6fa8eaa549abbb2c7bf1d0c584da9@%3Cdev.iotdb.apache.org%3E>

I will now bring the vote to general@incubator.apache.org to get approval by the IPMC.
If this vote passes also, the release is accepted and will be published.

Thank you for your support.

Best,
-----------------------------------
Zesong Sun
School of Software, Tsinghua University

孙泽嵩
清华大学 软件学院

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Apache IoTDB 0.9.3 (Incubating) RC1 release

Posted by Dawei Liu <at...@163.com>.
hi ,

Our community is getting better and we have more and more users.
This is something to be happy about.
Don't worry too much about voting

Best
———
Dawei Liu

On 05/11/2020 09:27, Xiangdong Huang wrote:
Hi Giorgio,

According to the previous discussion, ASF does not suggest removing anyone
who made contributions to the project/community,
and hopes them back in the future.

I agree with that.

Listing the above list is for inferring how many votes are reasonable.

Besides, it gives us (at least gives me) a lesson: when inviting a guy as a
PPMC, I will consider whether he/she loves the community and can continue
to contribute to the community for a longer time.

(We have already a large PPMC list because they are initial committers. Can
not change that...)

Best,
-----------------------------------
Xiangdong Huang
School of Software, Tsinghua University

黄向东
清华大学 软件学院

Giorgio Zoppi <gi...@gmail.com> 于2020年5月11日周一 上午8:54写道:

Posted by Jialin Qiao <qj...@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn>.
Hi,

Here is a guide of how to vote [1]. And yes, we need to invite more active PPMCs :).

[1] http://iotdb.apache.org/Development/VoteRelease.html

Jialin Qiao
School of Software, Tsinghua University

乔嘉林
清华大学 软件学院

Posted by Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Giorgio,

Posted by Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chris,

> You are quite a large ppmc and only two of you voted.

The large PPMC group is because of a long list of initial committers...

I remember we had a thread in the private@ for discussing how to face to
the inactive PPMCs.

According to my observation, in the last 6 months,

- active PPMCs on the source code repo (github) are Tian Jiang,  Lei Rui,
Tianan Li, Jialin Qiao, Jinrui Zhang, Jincheng Sun, Julian Feinauer and me
(8/20) (the order is randomly).

- active PPMCs on dev@ or JIRA are Yi Xu, Tian Jiang, Tianan Li, Jialin
Qiao, Jincheng Sun, Julian and me (7/20).

- active PPMCs on private@ or JIRA are Tian Jiang, Tianan Li, Jialin Qiao,
Jincheng Sun, Julian, Shuo Zhang, Jianmin Wang, Jun Yuan and me (9/20).

The list is just from my sight according to my impression. No a clear rule
to define what is "active". No meaning to blame anyone. It is generated...
just by if someone ask me a question, "which PPMCs you usually meet on the
community", I can remember these names first time.

So, according to the above list, I think 3-6 votes from PPMCs is
reasonable. It is hard to get votes from more than 10 PPMCs... (as we have
no rights to force the "inactive" guys doing that..)

Best,
Xiangdong Huang

Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> 于2020年5月10日周日 下午3:58写道: