Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Stan Kwan <sk...@anatas.com> on 2008/09/18 07:00:33 UTC

t:panelTabbedPane not rendering with selectedIndex on 2nd page refresh

Hi all,

I'm having some issues with the selectedIndex on t:panelTabbedPane.

We have a search tab (selectedindex=0), where we search and display the
results, user clicks a returned customer id, loads the customer details and
proceeds to the second tab (selectedIndex=1) which displays the customers
data. All working fine here.
The problem is, that when the user goes back to the search tab to click on
another customer search result, it does load that customer details, but
doesn't go to the second tab again. I have displayed the selectedIndex and
it's value is 1, so my question is why isn't the page rendering on 2nd, 3rd,
4th attempts? It should be going down the same path?

Other thing to note is that i have 1 big form emcompassing all our
panelTabs. with 2 subforms in the search tab. Is this causing the issue?

Is it some state that's missing?

When i read the doc for selectedIndex... it says "The selectedIndex
attribute defines the zero-based index of the tab to be displayed initially"
the displayed initially... is that the problem? only used on instantiation?

My code relevant to this is below.

Thanks
Stan

<f:subview id="mainTabs">

	<h:form id="mainForm">
		<t:saveState id="mainTabbedPaneBean" value="#{mainTabbedPaneBean}" />

		<t:panelTabbedPane bgcolor="#FFFFFF"
						   serverSideTabSwitch="false"
						   styleClass="tabbedPane"
						   activeTabStyleClass="activeTab"
						   inactiveTabStyleClass="inactiveTab"
						   selectedIndex="#{mainTabbedPaneBean.selectedIndex}">

			<h:outputText value="#{mainTabbedPaneBean.selectedIndex}"/>

			<f:verbatim><div class="tabsPanel"></f:verbatim>

				<t:panelTab id="search" label="#{msg.cfaMain_search}"
rendered="#{mainTabbedPaneBean.searchCustomersTabVisible}">
					<f:subview id="mainSearchTabs">
						<jsp:include page="mainSearchTab.jsp"/>
					</f:subview>
				</t:panelTab>

                                ... more panelTabs

			<f:verbatim></div></f:verbatim>

		</t:panelTabbedPane>

	</h:form>

</f:subview>

Re: t:panelTabbedPane not rendering with selectedIndex on 2nd page refresh

Posted by Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 12:00 AM, Stan Kwan <sk...@anatas.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm having some issues with the selectedIndex on t:panelTabbedPane.

Isn't this related to TOMAHAWK-858?