Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Michael Immell <MI...@sagent.com> on 2001/08/26 03:11:26 UTC

Weblogic 5.1 and Soap 2.2

Hey everyone,

I trying to load Apache Soap into Weblogic 5.1. Whenever I try to view the
"rpcrouter" page to verify that the servlet is working, I get the following
java exception...

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at java.util.Hashtable.put(Unknown Source)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.setAttribute(ServletContextImpl
.java:213)
        at
org.apache.soap.server.http.ServerHTTPUtils.setServletClassLoaderIntoContext
(ServerHTTPUtils.java:144)
        at
org.apache.soap.server.http.RPCRouterServlet.init(RPCRouterServlet.java,
Compiled Code)
        at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:258)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.createServlet(ServletStubImpl.java
:499)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.createInstances(ServletStubImpl.ja
va, Compiled Code)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.prepareServlet(ServletStubImpl.jav
a:442)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.getServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:20
0)
        at
:115)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.invokeServlet(ServletContextImp
l.java:922)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.invokeServlet(ServletContextImp
l.java:886)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextManager.invokeServlet(ServletContext
Manager.java:269)
        at
weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.invokeServlet(MuxableSocketHTTP.java:380)
        at
weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.execute(MuxableSocketHTTP.java:268)
        at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java, Compiled
Code)

I have exhausted all of the things I can think of. I can deploy, undeploy,
and list servlets from the /soap/admin/ page just fine, but again, if I try
to use the examples or load, I get the same error.  I have followed the
instructions on installing soap inside weblogic and done everything else I
can think of.

Any help would be greatly appreciate.

Thanks for your time....

Michael Immell