Posted to user@struts.apache.org by José Ventura <ve...@cit.com.br> on 2003/07/17 01:37:00 UTC

[OT] Redirecting forwards under WAS 4.0.4

I'm back with my usual bizarre and weird grotesqueries under Websphere
4.0. I've even marked this one off-topic to annoy less people!

When I use a forward from within an Action, via the following snippet,
it works:

fwd = "/editQuestionnaire.do?qId=" + qId;
return new ActionForward( fwd );

If I use a redirecting forward instead, my app bites the dust:

fwd = "/editQuestionnaire.do?qId=" + qId;
return new ActionForward( fwd, true ); // redirect == true

In the first case, Struts finds my action mapping (/editQuestionnaire)
and everything works fine. In the redirecting forward, Struts complains
it can't find a mapping for "/inquirer/editQuestionnaire". This is
evident -- there is a mapping for "/editQuestionnaire", with no trailing
"/inquirer", wich is the context-root for my app.

Somehow, Struts is receiving the full URL for the redirect, instead
of only the "/edit" part.

As you may have guessed, it works fine on Tomcat.

I will ask if anyone has seen this before, but since I suspect I'm
making a huge yet subtle mistake somewhere (Websphere can't be THAT
idiot, now can it?), I won't expect much.

[]'s
- ventura