Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by ca...@wildehor.de on 2004/12/24 15:06:25 UTC

Feature Request HtmlDataTable

I like the ability to edit data right in a datatable. It can be done with
the rendered="" feature of jsf like:
<x:dataTable var="user">
  <h:outputText value="user.name" rendered="#{editLine!=user.id}"/>
  <h:inputText value="user.name" rendered="#{editLine==user.id}"/>
</x:dataTable>

But there is some extra work to do, to persist the current editline. For
request-scoped beans You could resubmit the current editline with a hidden
field or store it in a session-scoped bean. (which i do not like because
the state should be clear when entering the page the first time.)

My suggestion would be to extend or subclass the dataTable, create a new
component, rendering a inputText or outputText and a component or facet to
show commandLinks in case of editline/noneditline.
This are only some ideas without using my brain;)

Is there a need for someone else for such an extention? I can personaly
live with hidden fields, but i think, this is not the ideology behind jsf
*g*

Merry X-Mas,
Carsten Fregin
Web: http://devnet.furchtbar.net