Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by c....@schrack-seconet.com on 2004/11/18 13:40:53 UTC

Discussion Board / Forum integration?

Hi List!

I'm new to Lenya and I'd like to know if it's possible to integrate a
discussion board / forum into Lenya?

best regards,
Chris M.

Re: Discussion Board / Forum integration?

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Gregor J. Rothfuss dijo:
> c.marschalek@schrack-seconet.com wrote:
>
>> Well I was thinking along the lines of a little bit more tight
>> integration. For example the option to let users discuss arcticles in
>> lenya.
>
> bertrand delacrétaz was hinting at releasing his forum app for cocoon
> recently.. maybe that would be a start :)

Perhaps this could be solved using cocoon aggregation.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

AW: Discussion Board / Forum integration?

Posted by Torsten Schlabach <ts...@gmx.net>.
>> bertrand delacrétaz was hinting at releasing his forum app for cocoon
>> recently.. maybe that would be a start :)

Will you ask him for that?

Regards,
Torsten

--
Gregor J. Rothfuss
COO, Wyona       Content Management Solutions    http://wyona.com

Re: Discussion Board / Forum integration?

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Torsten Schlabach wrote:
>>>Well I was thinking along the lines of a little bit more tight
>>>integration. For example the option to let users discuss arcticles in
>>>lenya.
>

> You mean build a forum based on Lenya (did you have a look at the BLOG
> publication?) or do you mean placing a link to the forum into a Lenya page?
>
> I like the topic! Could you be a bit more verbose?

I guess he means something like www.heise.de where a page is connected
to a forum thread and the (latest?) messages are displayed below the
article.

This could be implemented quite easily using an existing forum
application. I once had such an article+forum application on
cocooncenter.org (I used YaBB - yet another bulletin board).
It worked as follows:

- place a form on the article page where a user can enter a comment

- the form calls the forum function to create a new thread:
   - thread title = article title
   - first message = user comment

- place a link "view comments" on the article page

- display the last (3?) messages of the forum thread on the
   article page
   - this can be done using page scraping (HTMLGenerator and some XSLT)

Maybe this is the easiest approach.
Of course you can also write your own forum application using
flowscript :)

-- Andreas

Re: Discussion Board / Forum integration?

Posted by Torsten Schlabach <TS...@gmx.net>.

Posted by c....@schrack-seconet.com.

Posted by Torsten Schlabach <TS...@gmx.net>.
Hi,

>> I'm new to Lenya

Welcome!

>> and I'd like to know if it's possible to integrate a
>> discussion board / forum into Lenya?

Of course the answer is yes! The question would be: What exactly do you
expect in terms of "integration". Do you have a particular forum software in
mind?